Santa brought me Jeep stuff!

(sung off key to the tune of the Twelve Days of Christmas) This year for Christmas, my hubby gave to me..... Two windows tinted One hidden tow hitch And a light bar on my Libeeeerrrrrrtttttty!

FINALLY, my Christmas gifts arrived. One was lost, sent to California, the other never did arrive, had to cancel the order and reorder from a different company. The gifts I got for hubby were equally as screwed up. A tailgate mangled by the shipping outfit, things that didn't fit or cant be used until we get a new tailgate.

Well, mostly anyway. Today, my light bar arrived, we ran in and had it put on, it looks GREAT and when we got home we had a look, it really lights up out a 'fur piece' out in the field. The reordered hitch will be here in a few days btut we are headed to North Carolina to pick up another tailgate. If we grab it in person, maybe it will make it home in one piece.

So, this Christmas has been something to really laugh at and we each got some good stuff too!

KJK

Reply to
KJ.Kate

L.W. (Bill) Hughes III

Ssung to the tune of You picked a Fine Time to Leave Me Lucille

You picked a fine time to leave me loose wheel, Four rusted lug nuts and a leaky bead seal. Been through some hill climbs, been through some pond slime, But this timed the hurtin won't heal.

You picked a fine time to leave me loose wheel ...

Dude, when Christmas arrives on New Year's, somebody screwed up! You should be pissed, and kicking some sorry

Nevermind.

I guess the Spirit of the Season didtates a bit of tolerance for missed deadlines.

I gotta address a few of the finer points of your posat though. "had it put on" ??? What's that all about? Lights up the fur piece??? If the fur needs lighting ... nevermind, that's just klinky ...

Reply to
CRWLR

Thank You Bill! I second the motion!

[...]

: >

: >

: >

: >

: >

: :

Reply to
KJ.Kate

LOL! I am going to have to memorize that one.

: Dude, when Christmas arrives on New Year's, somebody screwed up! You : should be pissed, and kicking some sorry

It was all in shipping ALL of it. One went to california, one left the warehouse and ended up in the twilight zone, the tailgate was stomped on by shippers. No sense being pissed, nothing can be done, everything is either refundable or insured.

: Nevermind. : : I guess the Spirit of the Season didtates a bit of tolerance for missed : deadlines.

Heck yea! After all,he could have gone to a Jewelry store and bought something little ans twinkly and played it safe, but that wouldn't have been any fun at all!

: I gotta address a few of the finer points of your posat though. "had it : put on" ??? What's that all about?

Well, ya see, it's like this Pilgrim. It involved drilling a six pack of holes in the roof, dropping the headliner, removing parts of the dash and wiring into the fuse panel. It's not as if we COULDN'T it's just that this way, if something fries, it's still covered by warranty. Since my rig has only 4500 miles on it, it seemed the safest approach. Otherwise, I would have been out there with my own hole saw.

Lights up the fur piece??? If the : fur needs lighting ... nevermind, that's just klinky ...

*snikker* Yea.. that's just me.. Kinky Kate LOL

you much funny! :

Reply to
KJ.Kate

I gotta print that for the guy up the road from me, last month he had the

35" back tire pass him, saw him on the side of the road, offered to go home and get some lug nuts for him, but I just had to follow the trail of shinny things on the road, easier to leave bread cumbs to find your way.
Reply to
Greg

In its original form, from way back when...: =)

--- Original message --- i have a 93 YJ while off roading in france i broke the half shaft and the back wheel fell off. Does anyone know of a kit to keep wheels on in the event of it happening again?

--- response 1 --- We have an old country-western song that goes by the title, You Picked a Fine Time to Leave Me Loose Wheel. It was a real hit over here, and is a still favorite at karaoke bars.

--- response 2 --- Four rusted lug nuts and a leaky grease seal. You picked a fine time to leave me loose wheel.

... went on some hill climbs. Been through some pond slime, but this time we're late for a meal.. You picked a fine time to leave me loose wheel.

-jenn

Reply to
jbjeep

Where are ya headed in NC?

If you get near High Point, toot the horn.

Spdloader

Reply to
Spdloader

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

Either Raleigh or Wilmington I can pick it up at either place. From what I can see, we would be going right past you.

Then you and hubs could tell shootin lies to each other LOL

KJK

[...]

Yep, you'll be doing I-40 either way.

I don't have any lies to tell this year, I only took one doe, then this past weekend went to sight in my new muzzleloader, and found out it had been assembled with the wrong firing pin. I was 400 miles from home when I found THAT out. No hunting for me.

The truth is much worse than lies this year. Maybe next year I can tell a great 'ole big whopper.

Spdloader

Reply to
Spdloader

Well....

I still don't know exactly when we will go, have to talk to the gal I got the gate from. It will prolly be near the end of the week. If you'd like to, we could get together for a cup of mud on our way one way or the other. You show me yours, and I'll show you mine - Jeeps that is LOL

No lies huh, well that isn't all bad. Hubs hasn't been hunting in years. Not that he doesn't WANT to, but for some reason he just doesn't do it. I hunt with my camera, got a couple of nice bucks last year and entire herds of doe and flocks of turkey . Unfortunately, you cannot put things shot with a camera into the freezer.

Kate Oh... you can email me at svtkate AT excite DOT com if you would like to have that cup of coffee!

[...]

: > : >

: > : >

: > : >

: > : >

: > : >

: >

: :

Reply to
KJ.Kate

It's been a while since I sung that song. It's good to have a historian on the group to keep us all dialed in.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland