Kudos for a change!

Having read most of the "negative" comments--Manufactures, Dealers etc.. Feel that I must give a "positive". Just bought a Mile Marker 9M winch thru Heckethorn Off Road, service/delivery time was far better than expected. Being a "novice wincher" I called Mile Marker on several occasions___nothing but good advice and better service. Price not withstanding I am very happy + with my choice! CHJ

Reply to
chuck

Personally, I think your experience with your MileMarker winch will be very good on balance. The Duty Cycle is superior to electric winches, and it can haul a load up a hillside for the entire length of the cable without stopping for a rest.

The downside, and there is a downside that you must keep in mind, is that if you are in a position where your motor will not run, your winch won't run either. This can be a serious problem if your truck is the one that is stuck, and the only one with a winch. In the vast majority of winching that we will do, the winch is only used for a couple of minutes just to get the object vehicle unstuck, or back on its wheels. You need the long cable not to pull a long distance but to get to the object vehicle. In 6 years of rock crawling, I can't recall ever recovering a vehicle where the pull was more than about 20 feet, and that was my vehicle (I rolled on a hill and blew two tires off the rims), but the vast majority of winching is a matter of less than 10 minutes of time on the winch motor.

occasions___nothing

Reply to
CRWLR