Leaky windshield on a TJ

My CJ leaks watter behind the dash and windshield. Is that just a Jeep thing or have they figured that out yet?

Reply to
Arvin

I've had two TJ's....both leak water. Seems like most of the TJ's that are outside in a heavy rain end up leaking through the A/C when the drain either gets plugged or just can't keep up with the rainfall. If you're thinking about getting a TJ, save your money and spend it on the CJ's. I have a 1980 CJ, and wish I had NEVER bought a TJ. The first one I had was replaced when I filed suit under my state's lemon law. The replacement is a piece of junk too. In the 2 years I've had it it's had numerous major problems including leaks at the body seams and windshield seal, and is almost out of warranty. As soon as the factory warranty is up that POS is gone and the old CJ is getting rebuilt. My humble opinion: TJ=Turd Jeep.

Reply to
Russ B

Reply to
David C. Moller

Mine leaked - convinced it was simply the door seal, but before I got a chance to replace it, it stopped leaking, and has been dry for over a year now, even in monumental thunderstorms. Like yours, it lives outside. We get about 32" per year, although we have had it rain 9.5" in a single day :-)

Dave Milne, Scotland.

Reply to
Dave Milne

Reply to
twaldron

So do I if ... if they stay healed :-)

Dave Milne, Scotland

Reply to
Dave Milne

David, Could be a dark cloud, but it only seem to follow me with TJ's. My CJ never leaked a drop until it was about 20 years old! It alos got better gas mileage with 130,000 miles and a V8/auto than my TJ has ever gotten. I had a GMC 1/2 ton pickup that I drove for a quarter of a million miles that never needed a major repair and never leaked a drop of oil in the driveway, so the "dark cloud" sure wouldn't apply to either of those.

Reply to
Russ B

Obviously can't deny how bad yours is, or how bad Nathan's paint was, but I have to say that the quality on my 99 TJ is really excellent. I've had a leaking axle seal and a leak on the door seal (which fixed itself !!?!!), and a bit of spray painting on the drivers mirror, and that is absolutely it. No breakdowns and no failures to start. The paint quality is great (black clearcoat), the engine is great etc.

Dave Milne, Scotland

Anyone

Reply to
Dave Milne