Cj Lift question?

Will a 4" lift clear 35's?

With 4" do I need to worry with drive line vibration? (scrambler if that helps)

Is there a Spring over kit that uses new YJ springs?

What lift is suggested for 35's what about 33's?

83 CJ 8, a work in progress
out the "XXX" to e-mail me
Reply to
Evan

I have 5" of suspension lift (3 in the leaf springs, 2 from the shackles) and I'm running 33x12.5 MTR's. I wouldn't go any bigger without some fender trimming. I was planning on putting on TJ flares and swapping up to 35's.

Jay

84 CJ7 33x12.5 MTR's

Reply to
Johnathan Marrin

Ditto on more lift. I have a little over 4" between springs and shackles. I have 33's, with good clearance, but i wouldn't want 35's under there.

Don W

Reply to
Don Wallish

Evan, I've got a CJ5 with 2 1/2 inch suspension lift, 1 1/4 inch shackle lift, and

2 inch body lift. I'm running 33" TSL's and that's about as big as I can. I can stuff the 33's into the fenderwells and get them to rub the body on occasion so I would not recommend going with 35's unless you trimmed the fenders or lift the body a bit or maybe both.

As for drive line vibration, I had some but fixed it with a transfer case drop. The CJ5 has a much shorter wheel base than the Scrambler so you may not have a problem. If you do the transfer case drop kits are very inexspensive.

Hope this helps.

Reply to
Casey Teague

it dose thanks

83 CJ 8, a work in progress
out the "XXX" to e-mail me
Reply to
Evan

No. With 4" of spring lift, you will need a 1" body lift and 1 1/2" longer shackles (gives you 3/4" lift) and a little fender trimming. You will also need to adjust your driveline angle by grinding off your spring perches on the rear axle and welding on new ones at the correct angle, and a double cardan CV driveshaft of the correct length. You will probably have to have a new front driveshaft of the correct length as well. That is my setup, and I have no vibration or rubbing.

(PS - don't forget the correct gear ratio for the larger tires)

Robert Bills KG6LMV Orange County CA

Robert Bills

Ugh. I just typed a lengthy response and I think the PC deleted it before sending. ARrrrgh! Anyway, here's the condensed version: I have a CJ8 with 4 inch lift and 35 inch TSL tires. I have no problems with tire clearance/rubbing on the highway or very mild offroading (light mud, sand.) However I suspect it would not be pretty to do rockcrawling with this configuration. If you just plan to drive the jeep on-road, 35 & 4 will be fine.

Reply to
sm3gurpal