link of the day.

Not "Jeep" but 4wheel. I do like the bullgear system used to get serious ground clearance.

Reply to
DougW

I think we call them "Portal Axles" over here FWIW. I've only ever seen them on the Mercedes Unimog (and I'd love to have one). That one seems much more hardcore than the unimog one though !

Dave Milne, Scotland

Reply to
Dave Milne

That is a fascinating web site - plains, trains and automobiles. Geez. Thanks!

Reply to
matthewf_boi

Very interesting! Looks like those are more than the Unimog portal axles. Looks like they actually run a shaft at 90 degrees down to the center of the wheels. Most portal axles I think just use some gears to get down a little ways.

Reply to
nrs

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)Hughes III

Wanna try that in English, Teranews Lardbutt?

Reply to
Pink Freud

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)Hughes III

About 1000 'quakes happen every day, Mr Seismologist.

No biggie.

But your Billbonics presumes that everyone is on your particular page, which is usually at the back of the paper where they have the gay want ads.

Now go wipe your ass, if you can reach it.

Reply to
Pink Freud

Hi Bill,

Yes, that was the topic of conversation for the whole day, as they aren't that common here ! We only get them every 10 - 20 years (although the last one was only a couple of years ago and had its epicentre only 10 miles from where I was).

Dave

Reply to
Dave Milne