Mileage Allowance

I need one of the car salesmen to tell me what the annual mileage allowance is for a used car. I have always thought the number was 12,000 for the USA, except California where the allowance jumps to 15,000.

I am trying to value a car I wrecked, and they are using a number less than

11,000 miles per year for my car, and as a reault they are screwing me to the tune of about $1500 on my car.
Reply to
J Strickland

The figure I read recently was 15,000 miles. The figure was 12,000 miles annually for the several decades before that. I personally don't ever recall them using a figure of 11,000 miles per year.

I think they are pulling your chain.

Reply to
Billy Ray

It was 10,000 miles/year according to the AAA in 1950.

The Indiana Attorney General's Consumer Service web site says it is 15,000 miles annually.

Billy Ray

in TX most figure 20K per year

Reply to
IsellJeeps

Funny you should say that, AAA is my insurance carrier, and they are using data from an insurance industry source that says 11,500, and the overage miles are billed out at the rate of $20 per 1000 miles.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland