Liberty CRD mileage

I'm new to the ng.

I've been looking for drivers real world mileage for the CRD, but mostly what I'm finding are reviewiers that have only driven it a few hundred miles. Anyone like to share?

I'm looking at a bunch of replacements for my Expedition and want to check out the Jeep.

Thanks,

Marty

Reply to
Marty Phee

I just traded My "04 Rubi in last Sat. for my '05 CRD 4x4 in town I am getting 22.5 and They claim 26-28 on the interstate but I will prove that this evening when I go to Corpus Christy TX as I am in Houston. will post MPG when I return.

Larry

Reply to
extremetj

Thanks. That's probably double my Expedition in town given all the stop and go. I hope to go to a dealer this weekend to check some out.

extremetj wrote:

Reply to
Marty Phee

Is the CRD the diesel model? If so then my experience with over a dozen VW diesels may be of some value. First off don't even figure your mileage till you've got 20k miles on it. Everything will be broken in by then and you'll have learned where the engine's sweet spot is and adjusted your driving accordingly. Secondly I've always gotten more then what the EPA says and on gasoline cars I have never gotten what the epa says. Also fuel quality makes a big difference and where I live, Central Ohio it's real crap. Florida and Georgia has good fuel quality as does some places in Northern Ohio. The later computer controled rotary pump models and now the common rail models are fantastic! You can have your cake and eat it too.

JoBo

Reply to
Jo Bo

So, how was your mileage?

extremetj wrote:

Reply to
Marty Phee

I know have a 1100 miles on my CRD Liberty my trip to Corpus Christi over the weekend I got 25.5 mpg on the HWY. I was getting a max of 12 mpg with my Rubi. I am being told that I will gain 2-3 mpg as the engine is broke in.

Larry

Reply to
extremetj