Need some info on the I6

For those of you with the 4.0 HO I6 and a vac gauge, what is the manifold vac at idle and in drive when your engine is warmed up.

I'm getting N 16in D 14.25in

vac needle is rock steady so I know if it is low it must be a common rail (probably the gasket under my blower again).

yay.

Reply to
DougW

Doug,

Not sure of the exact numbers for a stock 4.0, but it should be about 18" or so in N. The fact that you have a blower on there will reduce it a bit, even at idle, so I would make an educated guess that all is normal for you.

Chris

c did pass the time by typing:

That's what is bugging me, 20-18" is what I expect for a tight carb setup but the I6 is fuel injected so vac isn't as critical as it used to be. I was watching the vac gauge for signs of sticky valves/leaking guides/or a plugged exhaust. It's all good except for the question in the back of my mind about the idle measurement.

Reply to
DougW