New Headlights for '99 GC - OEM or aftermarket?

I'm buying a 99 GC this week. Very nice car cosmetically except the headlight lens are opaque. My options for replament are new OEM, used OEM, or aftermarket. Aftermarket seems to be the same price as used OEM.

Anyone purchased new aftermarket headlight assys for 99-04 GC. Comments on quality? Thx

Chip L

Reply to
Chip L

There are several product kits on the market and available at your corner auto parts store to 'polish' the oxidized plastic of the lens. You then need to keep it waxed to prevent further oxidation.

DIY is also possible and is occasionally mentioned on different Jeep forums. Try Google for sites.

Reply to
billy ray

Reply to
philthy

OEM (besides being dang expensive) is sadly the best way to go. I've tried aftermarket (usually rebranded crown parts) They are cheap and ill fitting.

In the mean time you can polish the lenses back. It won't be perfect and it won't last for ever. Besides, what is there to loose? :)

I've bought from autogeek before and had no problems. You can usually find the stuff local.

This might work

've had some folks tell me it's good, but I've never triedit myself. As for Meguiars, they make a good product so I wouldexpect it works.

They also sell Flitz. I dunno about that stuff. It works on metal and supposedly on plastic. I polished a bit of plexi and it seemed to work but who knows what it would do on auto lights.

Reply to
DougW