New Jeep Pick-Up truck does exist

It /does/ exist:

Notice though that you're posting pix & article on TWO different concepts; the JT and the Gladiator.

All the articles on the Gladiator , including my pix from wiki, are dated 2005. And nothing since that I know of. .

The JT is the concept vehicle I ref'd in my original post. You can even see the truckbed-mounted spare in several pictures. You'd probably get more practical space in a TJ by just taking the rear seat out completely, IMHO.

FWIW, I've heard the JT may go into production as a sort of

4X4er's " toy" pickup. I wish it well and I'm sure it will attract its' share of buyers but it is not built for practical transport.

Again, IMHO, I feel that no matter how much you trick out a Jeep and especially a TJ (CJ, Wrangler, whatever), part of its core appeal will be the combination of fun *and* practicality. The TJ is both a Fun and Practical way to move 2-4 people over any combo of Highway, mud, boulders, and whatever. But a JT is a TOY because it tries to look like a pick-up but can move little if any cargo and only two people. The Gladiator is a good concept, the JT is a bad one.

Just my two cents worth,

Andrew

P.S. I *did* enjoy your reply and the articles. Thx.!

I agree with this statement.

I have 2 kids and a wife. My wife usually won't wheel with me, but the kids sure do. I can carry 4 people (including myself), with all the goods for fishing, camping and wheelin with my cargo rack sitting up above. To each his own. Although I will say the recent article of restoring a mil spec 1/4 ton trailer sounds easy to pull off for a base camp of 'junk' too.

Care and luck,

Reply to
ULB