Newbie Question: What accessories do Jeep most love?

Hey! Newbie, here, just wanted to get a sense of what accessories or parts are most popular out there for Jeep Wrangler/TJs 2003.

I especially had in mind which versions of products are most accepted and plugged, so for example, I'm thinking bicycle racks, storage rack (hitch rach, top of Jeep), half doors; front grills; bumpers; what do you love and recommend?

Reply to
Castro

It all depends on what YOU want to do.

What do you use your Jeep for?

Reply to
billy ray

Castro, I don't want to come off as a smartass, but I don't think you'll find this to be largely an "accessorizing" crowd like some other automotive groups. Most here buy upgrades for their Jeep because they have a specific need, not because the Jeep needs jewelry. That said, get a Quadratec catalog and do your worst. ;) You might do better to ask about a specific need as it arises.

tw _____________________________________________________________________

2003 TJ Rubicon * 2001 XJ Sport * 1971 Bill Stroppe Baja Bronco

"There is a very fine line between 'hobby' and 'mental illness'."

Pronunciation: 'jEp Function: noun Date: 1940

Etymology: from g. p. (G= 'Government' P= '80 > Hey! Newbie, here, just wanted to get a sense of what accessories or

Reply to
twaldron

Anything chrome. Chrome grille, mirrors, hinges, hardware, side steps. 20" rims minimum. Drop springs so you can hi-center on a speedbump. Type R tailpipe resonator. Put all that on and you'll have a beeyatch-kewl ride.

:-)

Reply to
Matt Macchiarolo

Matt...ur jus mean dewd! lol

For me...I say buy skid plates and rocker protection...learn how to drive your Jeep off road for a year or two then a 4" lift and a set of 33" TrXus MT's :)and ur good to go...at that point you'll learn why you want lockers, better crawl ratio etc... Although one "accesory that is kool and has function if you get to deep water crossings is a snorkel...snorkel do look kool... ;) IMHO ;)

Jeff

Reply to
4X4PLAY

Yep, chrome don't get you home. Coasty

Reply to
Coasty

MUD should be your first mod...

Kate

Reply to
Big Iron

Kate, We have no clue as to what his plan is for his Jeep from the little bit we know.

Reply to
billy ray

Reply to
L.W.(Bill) Hughes III

Hey Bill,

I just removed my "BILL" filter from the onslaught of the troll recently. This is the first post I've seen of yours since I filtered you out a month or so ago. Very nice first post, I must say. ;)

tw _____________________________________________________________________

2003 TJ Rubicon * 2001 XJ Sport * 1971 Bill Stroppe Baja Bronco

"There is a very fine line between 'hobby' and 'mental illness'."

Pronunciation: 'jEp Function: noun Date: 1940

Etymology: from g. p. (G= 'Government' P= '80 > A Jeep girl:

> God Bless America, Bill O|||||||O

Reply to
twaldron

All I got was the top of her head. IS there more to the pix?

Reply to
billy ray

Reply to
L.W.(Bill) Hughes III

You might get Nathan's friends from DC Legal breathing down your neck, Bill....

Reply to
Matt Macchiarolo

Yes....heavy breathing. ;)

tw _____________________________________________________________________

2003 TJ Rubicon * 2001 XJ Sport * 1971 Bill Stroppe Baja Bronco

"There is a very fine line between 'hobby' and 'mental illness'."

Pronunciation: 'jEp Function: noun Date: 1940

Etymology: from g. p. (G= 'Government' P= '80 inch wheelbase') A small general-purpose motor vehicle with 80" wheelbase, 1/4-ton capacity and four-wheel drive used by the U.S. army in World War II. _____________________________________________________________________

Matt Macchiarolo wrote:

Reply to
twaldron

Hey now, chrome looks really cool when covered in mud! I 'like' my Laredo package with the chrome rims, chrome grill and stainless bumpers.

Mike

Mike Romain

Got the Plugs!

-Quadratec catalog and do your worst

-Chrome grille, mirrors, hinges, hardware, side steps. 20" rims minimum. Drop springs so you can hi-center on a speedbump. Type R tailpipe resonator.

-Skid plates and rocker protection...learn how to drive your Jeep off road for a year or two then a 4" lift and a set of 33" TrXus MT's :)and ur good to go...at that point you'll learn why you want lockers, better crawl ratio

-MUD should be your first mod...

-Laredo package with the chrome rims, chrome grill and stainless bumpers.

Sweet! Definitely, the Jeep Girl!

Reply to
Castro

If you are going to play off road, a set of tow hooks and a 'tow' or 'snatch' strap with sewn loops and a stretch factor are a must. The tow hooks anchor to the frame and are good for either giving or getting a pull. A strap that stretches makes it easier to not damage things because it doesn't come up hard.

A fire extinguisher is also a good thing to have along with a first aid kit. The fire extinguisher mounts to the roll bar or right beside the driver's seat on the floor.

Mike

Mike Romain

Good set of hiking boots, well broken in. Cell or satellite phone. Appropriate firearms. ;^)

Earle

Reply to
Earle Horton

Tell us what you bought your Jeep for!

2003 TJ Rubicon * 2001 XJ Sport * 1971 Bill Stroppe Baja Bronco

"There is a very fine line between 'hobby' and 'mental illness'."

Pronunciation: 'jEp Function: noun Date: 1940

Etymology: from g. p. (G= 'Government' P= '80 inch wheelbase') A small general-purpose motor vehicle with 80" wheelbase, 1/4-ton capacity and four-wheel drive used by the U.S. army in World War II. _____________________________________________________________________

Castro wrote:

Reply to
twaldron

Reply to