Removing front seat in a 2005 TJ Wrangler??

I wanted to temporarily remove the front seat in my 2005 Wrangler Sport so I figured I would check this out on the web, Turns out that if you own a TJ from 2002 or older, this information is easily found. 2003 and higher seems to some kind of deep dark secret!!

As I look at my seat hardware I see 6 bolts connecting the actual seat to the riser - with seemingly no way to get at them! There are also 4 bolts holding the riser down. The nuts that attach to them seem to be inaccessible underneath.

So........how do you DO this?? THANKS!!!!!

Reply to
sgswest

the 4 bolts go thru the body...get a socket and off ya go!

Reply to
Jeeper

Reply to
sgswest

Have you tried to unbolt them? They should be bolted to captured nuts under the floorpan, two of them are not viible under the vehicle because they bolt to a sheetmetal "riser" on top of the floorpan.

Reply to
Matt Macchiarolo

Three of the four bolts up top have half-inch heads that don't budge when a wrench is used. The fourth on has a TORX head. Since the others don't move and I cannot find the nuts I haven't tried the TORX head bolt. I don't have much experience with all this. Is there a web page you know of that explains and maybe SHOWS how to do this so dummies like me can figure it out??? I googled all morning without success! THANKS! SS

Matt Macchiarolo wrote:

Reply to
sgswest

Sounds about right. You need a longer wrench.

Reply to
Matt Macchiarolo

You need a bigger wrench.... They use welded in place hidden nuts on most body parts. They also use a thread sealer on most that I have seen.

I am not sure why they 'all' aren't torx though..... My seats are, but I have a CJ7.

Mike

Mike Romain

Odd. My YJ is held in with real hex head fasteners.

Earle

Reply to
Earle Horton