newbie to offroading

I'm new to the sport and have a 96 Grand Cherokee that I have been going off road with. I havn't done to much since I just started but am looking for some trails to go on and someone to go with. I'm am in Southern California near LA/Palmdale area. I have a stock jeep so I'm looking for an easy to moderate trail. I have been finding places around my area that I've been going to but it's not wise to go by myself just in case something happens or I get stuck. I know there are clubs out there but since I just started, I want to start out small and work my way up. Just seeing if there is anyone out there in the area that knows of a moderate trail they can recommend for a stock ZJ (I think it has the Up Country Suspension package).

Reply to
Sean

Welcome!!!

You can practice some of your skills at a place called Azusa Canyon. This is the local mud hole for most of the year. But there is also some other things to do there. There are books you can buy that have a lot of trails in southern Ca.

take care,

Shamus CJ-5 SOA D30 front D44 rear ( BROKEN STILL!!!)

33"
Reply to
Shamus O Hire

Hey Sean, this is the best time to join a club!

Involvment with a club can provide you with:

- education, learn from the mistakes of others, local trails.

- resources, getting to know good local shops (and those to avoid).

- inspiration, planned runs, impromptu get togethers.

I think if club members gave it a second thought, most would say membership dues were the best initial investment on their vehicles.

-Brian

Reply to
Cherokee-LTD

Howdy Sean, I'm in El Mirage just east of Palmdale. We have a OHV park here that would be ideal for you. Send an e-mail and see what we can work out.

Frank X. Morris

Frank Morris

My Dad has lived near El Mirage for over 30 years! We visited a couple years ago and drove his buggy all over the place, what a great area! I'm trying to talk hubby into driving my TJ out there to play!

Seahag

Reply to
Seahag

Howdy Seahag, It is popular out here and can get crowded but not as bad as Glamis. When I go out on the dry lake and the OHV park I go on a week day and have it to myself except for the film crews LOL

Frank X. Morris

Frank Morris

Interesting place the dry lake, in addition to all the cool cars there were sand boats and shot-putters! Heehee, my favorite sight was the bar-bus with it's christmas lights cruising the meet. I didn't get to actually drive on the lake tho, the mirage was really strong that day and I was afraid to push my Dad's buggy since my feet barely reached the pedals:^)

Seahag

Reply to
Seahag