FrankW

Story?

Reply to
Jeepers

Reply to
FrankW

"Jeepers" wrote

xfile

Wow. It looked like he was gonna get hit ANYWAY, by the Suburu driver.

Reply to
Jeepers

Reply to
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

Reply to
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

No shit.

Pronounced dead at the scene. Recovering now.

And he got his own death on film to boot!

Reply to
Jeepers

Crazy, I read about that online. One lucky person. Hope he makes a full recovery

Reply to
jasonp

That gives a new meaning to "walking for your health".

Reply to
Kevin

heheh, no kidding.

From what I read basically the dent > > Crazy, I read about that online. One lucky person. Hope he makes a full > > recovery

Reply to
jasonp

It kinda "looks" like he was gonna get hit anyway by the Suburu.

Makes ya wonder...

...if the impact of the PT Cruiser on the Suburu and it, in turn, rolling over him may have actually SAVED his life by being in the crushed part of the car as it rolled over him.

Therefore...

...he has a video of himself being saved from death by being killed in an accident that was caused by two people breaking the law - himself for crossing against the "walk" light - and someone who ran a red light.

Nawww...

Reply to
Jeepers

Interesting they say he shouldn't have been crossing the road, but when he was actually hit he was on the pavement!

Reply to
AK

How about a warning next time. BLOODY videos in which people are seriously injured.! I know the internet is full of this crap and I do my best to avoid it, and one way I try is by hanging out here where the worst things are usually long off-topic threads about diesel engines and train brakes.

But seriously this is a family group and I personally do not want myself or my son to see this sort of stuff. So if anybody feels the need to post videos, pictures, or descriptions of pain and suffering, please post a warning with it.

TIA Dean

Reply to
Dean

Reply to
FrankW

Doesn't bother me. It's not like we saw detailed pictures of someone being smeared across the pavement with blood and gore. It was a distant shot of an accident where everyone is expected to make full recoveries.

Reply to
Jeepers

Reply to
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

What did you expect with a title like "O.T. Red Light Camera" and a link to a video? Take some responsiblility for opening a video contained in an Off Topic thread. Nobody held a gun to your head.

Don't read OT posts then. Or use a filter to get rid of them.

Do you read the "Asian Teen B>

Reply to
Kevin S.

No need to appologize in my opinion.

It was marked off topic, and anyone that can't figure out that a post titled "O.T. Red Light Camera" with the words "Ouch" and a link to a video might contain a car accident or something, is not very smart in my book.

Reply to
Kevin S.

If nothing else, I hope this video serves to give pause to anyone who has seen it the next time they see a light turning yellow and think "oh I can make it!". I have a feeling that's why this video was made available to the public by the police. While somewhat sickening to some, at least the video is not so gory as to be seen as irresponsible of the police to show to the public. I think the reminder of the possible consequences of running a red light is worth the disgust or horror one might feel when watching this video.

[rant] I just don't see why people continue to run red lights all the time like this. It's becoming almost acceptable to so many people now, because "everyone else is running the light!"...If you can stop, STOP. Everywhere I've lived, this has a been a problem. It seems like it's worse every place I move (first Houston, then Dallas, now Denver)...I don't know if it's actually worse in each place, or if it's just getting worse as time goes by regardless of where you are, but just seems to be worse in each successive place as a result. Either way, I applaud the red-light cameras. All red-light-runners do is make add to overall frustration and road rage for those at the intersection who witness it (and are then delayed in going when their light turns green), and, worse, as this clip shows, endanger the lives of many others. [/rant]

Personally, I hope that damn driver of the PT Cruiser got the book thrown at them.

/Bob

Reply to
Bob