OD light Flickering

HI,

Just recently I started to have a problem with my 95 Grand Cherokee. I think it may be electrical but I'm not sure.

The first thing that happened was the console indicated that the driver side passenger door was ajar when it was not. Shortly there after I began to notice that the transmission was not shifting properly and that on occasion the OD light would start to blink. I also hear alot of "Clicking" going on from behind the dashboard when this happens.

I've taken the Jeep to 2 shops -- My local mechanic who said the problem may be electrical and Chrysler who said, of course I need a new Tranny ($3,000 ouch!!). I've also driven the Jeep since then and the problem happens sporadically,

The Truck has never been in an accident, but does have a stress crack on the Drivers side door that may be pinching the wire harness.

Before I go taking the door apart, I'd like to know if anyone else has experienced a similar problem and what the fix was.

Reply to
joe