That New Jeep Smell

I was about to attempt a complete detailing or cleaning of the interior in my 2001 WJ and was wondering what best to use to clean the vinyl dash and such first with before applying Son of a Gun protectent......there used to be some kind of problem with Amoral mentioned in this forum so I keep away from that stuff..... also has anyone found a good product that mimics that new car smell we all love....thanks for any all responses........

Reply to
Mindy

Try 'Febrese' spray for the smell.

It works really well on wet dog and work boots smell and kills smoke odors too.

Mike

Mike Romain

Here I thought that Jeep Smell (tm) was that stagnant, slightly sulfurous, bog bottom mud odor after a nice trail run, perhaps mixed with a little wet dog and campfire smoke............

Jeff Lowe, '91 YJ

Reply to
Jeff Lowe

You used to be able to buy "new car smell" in a can. I don't see it advertised anymore. The following may explain why.

Ken Finney

"Well yes that is the problem....the Jeep Smell" It's a jeep thing! LOL

Reply to
Joe

Approximately 8/20/03 12:17, Ken Finney uttered for posterity:

Still available in a spray bottle. High notes of leather, wax, plastic, and anonymous petroleum distillates. Low notes mostly of leather and wax. Think one brand comes from the folks that made Ozeum for all the delinquents that remember it.

Reply to
Lon Stowell

Reply to
twaldron

And change your underwear after a run with a high pucker factor.

Approximately 8/20/03 14:36, twaldron uttered for posterity:

Reply to
Lon Stowell

I thought the problem was not puckering enough as opposed to puckering too much :-)

Dave Milne

Dave Milne, Scotland '99 TJ Sahara

Reply to
Dave Milne

Leather seats hit with a non-perfumed leather conditioner once a month... My 8 year old Mustang still smells like new.

Reply to
Simon Juncal