Oil Pressure Gauge

I just replace them. The part isn't that expensive.

However, a low-side R-12 gauge should be fine. As would a pressure gauge for a air compressor. Just a matter of adapting the fitting. Steve's tools has the compressor gauge.

Reply to
DougW

Hi Guys! The oil pressure gauge on my Jeep Wrangler has been reading lower than normal for the past several months. It works okay but the readings are roughly 20 percent lower across the board than I would like to see. I have plans to check the pressure with a real mechanical gauge before diagnosing anything. The problema is I am having trouble finding one in local stores. I checked Autozone, Sears, Ace Hardware and Home Depot. Does anyone have recommendations as to what kind of stores carry pressure gauges? (Aside from the internet)? It 'appears' the thread on the sender is 3/8" NPT. Any advise welcome. Thanks! Peter

Reply to
Peter D.

You can "borrow" a mechanical gauge from Auto-Zone, I think...

Reply to
Matt Macchiarolo

Give it an oil change in case you have too many miles clogging your oil filter, or coolant:

God Bless America, Bill 0|||||||0mailto: snipped-for-privacy@aol.com

normal for the past several

the board than I would

gauge before diagnosing

I checked Autozone,

what kind of stores carry

sender is 3/8" NPT. Any

Reply to
L.W. (Bill) Hughes III

Might as well save yourself some time and trouble and replace it. The sending units on these suckers are notorious for losing their calibration. One thing I have found is that if you don't buy the one from Jeep, they don't last but about 6 months. All the "parts pushers" are getting their stuff from China now...

Good Luck, Bruce

Reply to
Highcountry

That's where the food is coming from that's killing our pets. God Bless America, Bill 0|||||||0 mailto: snipped-for-privacy@aol.com