On-Topic Trans Question

I thought I'd ask this before I slither back outta here. Goatboi do not bother replying, because I'm sure you will be wrong.
I'm pulling a T-18 out of a '70 Phordhh pickup. Someone mentioned to
me that these are popular for the Jeep rock climber guys because of the 6.69 (or so) 1st gear. However, this box is behind an FE engine, which has a somewhat unique input shaft dimension.
The question is: what would a Jeepster do to use this in his vehicle? Is there a bellhousing that adapts? What about the input shaft? If I decide to sell this trans I'd like to give accurate info to the prospective purchaser.
--
CobraJet

CJ,
Haven't heard from you in a long time. I suppose that's b/c I don't subscribe to the FE big-block NG anymore. Advance adaptors should have what they need to convert that T-18 for use behind whatever they want. Give them a call and see.
As far as the input shaft, it would probably have to be swapped. Advance adaptors may have a provision for this as well. http://www.advanceadapters.com /
And no, I am not affiliated with Advance.
Carl

Good reason :)

Thanks for the lead. Wouldn't matter to me if you were employed by Advance, as long as the info is what I need. My group's charter actually allows for limited *on-topic* advertising, so if Vic Edelbrock himself showed up touting a new manifold or heads (yeah, like that would ever happen), it is no prob.
What are you doing these days?

Got out of Go-fast cars a long time ago. Now I'm into go-slow. Really slow. As in granny low tranmission 4.1 gear reduction transfer case, with 4.10 or lower diff gears. :-D
How are things on the home front?
Carl

Oh, you know, messin' around with this and that. Too many cars; too many possible combos. The usual. Always buying parts. Last couple things have been parts from Pro Comp, the company that is using China-sourced castings with finish machining in their own Australian facility. Nice lookin' stuff.

--
CobraJet

Before investing much time on this transmission, I would verify that first gear is indeed the granny gear you think it is. You can do this by counting teeth on the gears or how many input shaft turns it takes to turn the output shaft once in first.
Earle

I thought all T-18's were low 1st (?), but that is easy enough. I do plan to pop the top on it for inspection and pics. I may opt to move the whole stickshift scenario over to the '72 F-250, which is presently an automatic. Not sure yet. Thanks!

--
CobraJet