Onboard air w/ AC

I've seen several articles about using an AC compressor to power an onboard air system. Great ideas but each one I've read about replaces the factory AC. I don't want to lose my AC. Anyone know of ways to do this while retaining the factory air?

Reply to
kid4lyf

Quickair

What model of Jeep?

Reply to
DougW

Reply to
Kevin in San Diego
99 XJ w/ 4.0

Reply to
kid4lyf

If its an XJ then you may have to do some custom work. Ive seen it done though several times. One guy here in San Diego added a second compressor (york) by his existing one and ran a larger belt. He also got a special battery that was smaller but just as many CCA so it would all fit. KH

Reply to
Kevin in San Diego

Kilby Enterprises sells a bracket and AC pulley to add a York compressor when you have AC.

someone else gave. This site also has links to diagrams for what youneed for an effective OBA system and tells you which Yorks are the HDversion (210) vs smaller versions. Airflow from an electric compressor is usually minimal but effective if you only plan to use it to air up tires. If you want to run air tools, use a HD AC compressor(with air tank) or CO2. Look for sites of people making their own CO2 setup as well.

Good luck and do your research. It's a good upgrade. Mike

Reply to
Michael O'Brien