opinion on warn x8000i winch?

Daughter can pic up a Warn X8000 I winch for $250.00, but I can't find much out about them, discontinued model, anyone have an opinion on it?

Reply to
Greg

I have never heard anything bad about them, only good. They are slightly too light for a mud stuck full sized truck so warn went with the 9000 lb + ones I think the story was.

Mike

Reply to
Mike Romain

For $250, it's a helluva deal. I have the M8000, works like a champ. I've never had my rig stuck up to it's ears in mud and tried to use it but I've used it to pull some other rigs up hills they couldn't make and no complaints so far.

Sure as hell though, NOW I'll get good and stuck.

Reply to
Kate