Opinions please, engine swap (long)

If you got a Buick V6 professionally race balanced and installed a different cam, I'll bet you could get 6,000 rpm out of it. ;^)

Remember that while an overdrive increases road speed at a given engine rpm, it decreases torque at the rear wheels. The factory overdrive (fifth gear) in my 2.5 liter Wrangler is pretty much useless for that reason. So if you install an overdrive or regear, you will probably need to increase engine displacement to compensate.

Earle

Reply to
Earle Horton

Overdrives on that site are about half the price I thought they would be. Nice! However, they are only a 25% difference, and not 30% like I had thought. That would still get me to about what I wanted, but around 2600-2800 RPMs instead of 2200 which I think would be optimal for engine life. On the other hand, if I change from 5.38 gears to

3.73 gears, that is a 31% difference, which sounds better to me.

Haven't priced the new fr> If my axles were in good shape I'd think more about keeping them. I

Reply to
eselk

Reply to
eselk