OT - I just got this in my email and thought I would share

Not implying that at all.

But, if one is going to ask me to stand on a wall and protect you and your loved ones, maybe you should think twice about complaining of the manner in which I provide that protection. As much as I fully support anybody's right to complain, I take them much more seriously if they have stood on the wall. I protected the right to complain by hoisting myself up on that wall many long years ago, I am not going to pull that right away from anybody now that I have offered my life in exchange for it.

I have huge disagreements with almost everything that Kerry stands for, but I give him credit for standing beside me on the wall before he climbed up on his soapbox and began deriding our country and out leaders.

Reply to
CRWLR

Actually, you're right on this point. He is not Sunni, I was wrong about that. When he said that he would fight until his last drop of blood stopped flowing, I guess I got confused with where he stood.

My point is that he is leading an insurgent force when he could easily be working within the system to attain the goals he claims to be raising his rilfes to attain. The Sunnis could be doing the same thing, working inside the new system to affect the goals they have in mind. Instead they form insurgencies to attack everything that moves, even people that could halp them attain thier goals if they would just sit down and negotiate.

Reply to
CRWLR

Anyone who pays taxes and lives by the laws of this country has an absolute right to complain about the government; period!

Reply to
Sleestak

Complain all you want, just not to me. I did my time on the wall, and don't want to listen to your whining. If you stood the wall along side me, then complain all you want. I might listen or I might not. Either way, you can complain and I won't stop you. I might not listen, but I sure as hell am not going to stop you.

Reply to
CRWLR

That's all fine and dandy, but this is a world wide Jeep newsgroup and lots of us have no clue about nor could we care about US politics.

Maybe take it to a political newsgroup.

Mike

Sleestak wrote:

Reply to
Mike Romain

Reply to
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

I agree Mike. I've been watching this thread for a couple of days and only now got boared enough to respond to it. btw, I didn't start this thread.

Reply to
Sleestak

Reply to
Jim85CJ

Actually, it is a responsibility.

Reply to
Matt Osborn

Oh, I see. People who don't join the military are irresponsible. Thanks for clearing that up.

Reply to
twaldron

Bullshit.

Reply to
Shaggie

No problem, I don't want people complaining to me either -- I'm taking about complaining to the government. We, however, are in a public forum, and you did start this thread. A thread that was naturally going to elicit much heated debate, and complaining.

Reply to
Sleestak

The UN couldn't organize a two-person parade!

Norm

distributing

Reply to
Norm & Debbie

Reply to
Jim85CJ

The last time I checked, the government wasn't here.

Reply to
CRWLR

Amen. Many people shirk the responsibility, but that does not change the fact that it is a responsibility. Serve, then complain. You have more credibility.

Reply to
CRWLR

Good One! Way to go Jim!

Norm

Reply to
Norm & Debbie

Actually, in America, it's still a choice.

Reply to
Josh

Reply to
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

Many people who you consider dead weight/freeloaders work hard and pay taxes which pays for the military. Those people have a right to say how their tax money is spent.

Reply to
Sleestak