OT: "Read This First!"

Congratulations! You have purchased an extremely fine device that would give you thousands of years of trouble-free service, except that you undoubtedly will destroy it via some typical bonehead consumer maneuver. Which is why we ask you to PLEASE FOR HEAVEN'S SAKE READ THIS OWNER'S MANUAL CAREFULLY BEFORE YOU UNPACK THE DEVICE. YOU ALREADY UNPACKED IT, DIDN'T YOU? YOU UNPACKED IT AND PLUGGED IT IN AND TURNED IT ON AND FIDDLED WITH THE KNOBS, AND NOW YOUR CHILD, THE SAME CHILD WHO ONCE SHOVED A POLISH SAUSAGE INTO YOUR VIDEOCASSETTE RECORDER AND SET IT ON "FAST FORWARD," THIS CHILD ALSO IS FIDDLING WITH THE KNOBS, RIGHT? AND YOU'RE JUST NOW STARTING TO READ THE INSTRUCTIONS, RIGHT??? WE MIGHT AS WELL JUST BREAK THESE DEVICES RIGHT AT THE FACTORY BEFORE WE SHIP THEM OUT, YOU KNOW THAT?

-- Dave Barry, "Read This First!"

Is he referring to Jeepers?

Reply to
billy ray

So how many of you have never read the owner's manual for all of your vehicles? I get a kick out of the people I see going down the mountain riding the brakes all the way, in overdrive. Money in my pocket.

Reply to
Stupendous Man
*timidly raising her hand*

uhhhh... I do.....

The day after I picked it up.

KJK

Reply to
KJ.Kate

How do we know that is you?

Reply to
billy ray

Uhh... cause I am the ONLY one in the WHOLE wide world that has a Liberty like that?

OH OH OH! I know! Cause it's MY shop that it's sitting in front of! yea.. that's it!

: > uhhhh... I do..... : >

: > The day after I picked it up. : >

: >

: > KJK : >