Twinstick D300 question.

Want to run this through you all, especially those of you who live in colder climes. Since I have F/R Detroits, snow performance sucks on the road. Now before anyone starts, I had this Jeep in California for years and used it extensively for offroading in some great spots. Now I live in Rhode Island, and it snows here alot more than it did in San Diego (ha ha). My setup right now actually sucks pretty bad in the snow. I've wanted to put in a twinstick shifter in my CJ for offroad purposes. My thought is if I put a twin stick shifter setup on my d300, I'd be able to drive it in front wheel drive, making snow a bit better to handle. Obviously I would only be driving short distances and relatively slow anyway. I am concerned about driving on the front driveshaft only. Anyone done this or have any feedback?

Reply to
Rich

I have driven on my front driveshaft with no issues. I was just careful about giving it gas around corners so I didn't take out any axle u-joints.

I blew a rear u-joint and drove front wheel drive for a while until I could afford repairs.

Mike

Mike Romain

Reply to
Clap Trap

Wouldn't it be easier to just pull the rear drive shaft? I drove my 89 YJ on the front shaft on old stock U joints for a long time without trouble. It was SOA for about 6".

Carl

Reply to
Carl Saiyed