OT sort of. Don't trust the GPS!

Don't trust the gps lest you've got wheelin' buddies!

Pete

Reply to
Peter Stolz

Managed to stick a 4x4 Bedford 4 tonner - impressive.

Dave

Reply to
Dave Milne

Looks like operator error to me. The GPS nav unit has no weather data on road conditions and this is where the driver is supposed to use better judgement.

----------------- TheSnoMan.com

Reply to
SnoMan

GPS lists everything that is a "road". Some roads here in the UK are ancient right of ways, meaning that they have possibly existed since Roman times, and have never been paved. Without a map, you are hard pressed even knowing that they are a road, and when they are wet (which is pretty often), they are a mudbath.

Dave

Reply to
Dave Milne

To be really picky, GPS just lists a location. The mapmaker is the one responsible for correctly classifying roads as to their make-up etc. Some offer both topo and map view, others map and satellite. The loose nut behind the wheel is presumed to be paying attention to weather, discrepancies between the map and the reality, etc.

Dave Milne proclaimed:

Reply to
Lon

Very picky, and totally correct :-) I'm amazed anyone would go down a greenlane in a van !

Dave

L> To be really picky, GPS just lists a location. The mapmaker is the one

Reply to
Dave Milne

Especailly when it was wet!

----------------- TheSnoMan.com