The Joys Of Satellite TV (ot, sort of)

One of the gems of satellite TV has been a better choice of stations to watch... (Not counting the gazillion channels of crap, there can be a few gems in there...) One of them has been RFDtv...

They have a section on antique tractors, horse training, mule training .... Crazy Canadians' and their mechanical ag contraptions that they built on those long and lonely winters...and they work great! Just an hour ago they had a segment on about steam locomotives. A half hour of nothing but steam power. No narration..just steam. Several different locomotives (trains)...several different camera locations. Was almost hypnotic... Worth a watch, if you can find the channel... Jeff

Reply to
Jeff Rice

Yessir... With the surround sound turned up, that's what is on most of the time.... Jeff (But 12 straight hours of 'All Elvis" is enough! ) Rice

"Studebaker George" wrote...

Reply to
Jeff Rice

Reply to
John Poulos

I got Direct TV awhile back but haven't figured out how to delete the channels off the guide that I don't watch. How do you do it ??

Reply to
Jerry Kaiser

I don't have my remote, but on my system you can go into a menu where there are Profiles, you check or uncheck the channels you want to see.

Lee

Reply to
Lee Aanderud

Jerry it depends on which manufacturers system you have. direct Tv gets its recievers from different companies and you have to read the book.

M> I got Direct TV awhile back but haven't figured out how to delete the

Reply to
noeone

I think that all pay TV should be ala carte where the customer chooses exactly what channels are desired. Personally, I probably would choose well less than a dozen...

JT

John Poulos wrote:

Reply to
Grumpy AuContraire

There have been studies on it and I think the consensus was that channels like the major network channels, Discovery, History Channel, ESPN, A&E, WTBS, etc. would cost more ala carte than the package deals where you get 3 home shopping networks, 21 Spanish channels, Golf Classics, etc. At least with satellite you can go through and eliminate the ones you don't want.

Lee

Reply to
Lee Aanderud

Read the book????? Now that's a hoot!

Reply to
Jeff Rice

Reply to
Transtar60

Reply to
Jerry Kaiser

Its possible that they forgot to put that part in there Jerry, either on purpose or by accident.

Sometimes the book expla> Honest guys I did read the book 2 or 3 times and still can't find it.Ill try > again

Reply to
Transtar60

Reply to
Pat Drnec

We are on the same page there, JT. I don't have satellite or cable TV, and I was given a satellite radio unit, which I've never activated. For exactly that reason; I object to paying for 99 channels of bumf when I will only view/listen to a handful.

Anyone want a last year's Sirius sat radio, box never opened?

Gord Richmond

Reply to
Gordon Richmond