OT: Thunderbird as a Newsreader ?

Sorry, nothing to do with jeeps here....

I am using Thunderbird for email and newsgroup reader. I like everything about it except for some newsreader settings that I cannot find or don't exist. When I open the newsgroups, the last message I read is still open. This wouldn't be so bad, but I only have time to read the messages every week or two. By then the message I last read is WAY at the bottom and EXPANDED several times. Is there a way to fix this thing to start at the top each time I open it?

Reply to
HomeBrewer

I sort my Netscape by date. That way I don't see a tree unless I want to read the whole thread.

It still opens with the last read message, but all new messages appear below it in date order.

Maybe there is a sort option?

Mike

HomeBrewer wrote:

Reply to
Mike Romain

there is a mozilla news group.. ask there.. I'm sure there is a way... ask here: netscape.public.mozilla.calendar it's for the calendar, but I'm sure they will help.. or point you in the right direction... if you learn how to do it... repost it or email me snipped-for-privacy@neo.rr.com it would be nice to know how to change it. but since I check the news groups 3-4 times a week, I'm not bothered by it.

Reply to
Dave

Reply to
RoyJ

Better yet... newsgroup server "secnews.netscape.com:563" newsgroup "netscape.mozilla.thunderbird"

Steve

Reply to
Steve Landis

I knew one was out there... couldn't find it... thanks ~D

Reply to
Dave