Problem with NG?

Is anybody posting? Or, is it just me...

Reply to
Jeff

Still lurking about.

Eric

Reply to
Eric

On Thu, 30 Aug 2007 17:36:59 -0700, Eric puked:

No one's posting.

-- lab~rat >:-) Stupid humans...

Reply to
lab~rat >:-)

What I'be been seeing is usually sale ads, but occasionally I see question being asked about a host of different things. Though not lately, mostly people posting for sale ads.

Eric

Reply to
Eric

It's irritating, because it's 75% spam, 25% proper usage, if you're lucky. I've been finding forums on the internet that are much more useful, which is a shame because I like being able to read messages with an email newsgroup reader rather then a webpage in a browser.

Reply to
Jeremy

is a shame because I like being able >to read messages with an email newsgroup reader rather >then a webpage in a browser.

What are some of these forums? Please provide URLs. Thanks, signman

Reply to
signman

On Sun, 02 Sep 2007 18:10:12 -0700, Eric puked:

I personally don't have a problem with someone selling something ON TOPIC in the group, others do.

Hell, I'm not entirely sure I'm on topic posting in the group, as I have a 66 El Camino...

-- lab~rat >:-) Stupid humans...

Reply to
lab~rat >:-)

Jalopy Journal is good imo, but occasionally I check others out as well.

Jeremy

It's almost a real truck, I think we'll let you lurk at least. LOL. Who knows you may have something pertinent to the chevy truck people, I would imagine somethings are at least similar.

Eric

Reply to
Eric

On Fri, 07 Sep 2007 13:55:43 -0700, Eric puked:

Sure they are. They used 327s in trucks, I would imagine. SBC are pretty similar at the basic level...

-- lab~rat >:-) Stupid humans...

Reply to
lab~rat >:-)

Well I have a 62 International Metro that I use as a daily work truck. I put 4 wheel drive under it with a 383 stroker chevy engine and a turbo 400 transmission. So I guess I am on topic, but don't know if any one is interested.

Reply to
lytning

I don't know. I just finished restoring a '29 International flatbed truck. Not too clear on the model, load capacity of about 2 tons, Lycombing flathead 6 cyl and 4 speed. Mechanical brakes all the way around and a real blast to drive...if you're not in a hurry to go anywhere.

-- Old Crow "Yol Bolson!" '82 FLTC-P "Miss Pearl" '95 YJ Rio Grande BS#133, SENS, TOMKAT, MAMBM

Reply to
Old Crow