OT. trailer lights

Not even a bit jeep related, but I may pull it with my jeep at some point, so close. I bought a Jayco tent trailer, new about a month ago, pulling with

06 F150, factory wiring. All lights work, but when I turn on headlights, one trailer light gets double bright like brake is on. ???
Reply to
Greg

Somehow brake and tail light wires are switched, or ground is bad. Did you wire this with a factory or aftermarket harness, or put something together yourself?

Earle

Reply to
Earle Horton

Ford prewired, FX4 with tow package, all factory, I bought a brake controller from ford dealer, just plug it in, so other then plugging in controller, nothing had to be done.

Reply to
Greg

Possibly the trailer light is wired wrong, or the bulb is stuck in backwards. I would take the lens off and see what it going on in there.

Earle

Reply to
Earle Horton

I'll pull it and have a look, but trailer is brand new. Don't know if this means anything but we do have automatic lights on truck, come on when dark, off whenlight, I may turn of that feature and try turning on lights manually as well, see if that could have something to do with it.

Reply to
Greg

** Posted from
**
Reply to
L.W.(ßill)Hughes III

You could try plugging your truck up to a different trailer and/or plugging your trailer up to another vehicle. That ought to show if it's the truck or the trailer. Either way, if it's still under warranty, you could have the associated dealer correct it. Good luck. Mark.

Reply to
TrailMarker