oil overfilled??

Hello Group I always seem to have dificulty with Dealerships when it comes to oil changes.

On the oil dip stick it clearly says "Do not overfill" Yet they (dealership) overfilled it by about 1/2 inch. (The engine has been sitting, not running at least 4 hours) What are your thoughts on this? Can it hurt the engine? I'm looking on other's insight about this Cheers

Reply to
FrankW

I would not worry about one half inch overfill. What happened is that your vehicle takes 4.5 quarts or some odd amount, and dealership grease monkey put in five. Not a big deal. People overfill these things by two or three inches, thus the dipstick warning.

Earle

Reply to
Earle Horton

Hi Earle I usually get pretty anal about stuff like this. The FSM says it takes 5.7L (6 Qts) with filter. When "I" do the oil change I put in exactly 5.7L and the level is exactly where it should be. But when I get the dealer to it .....well you know :-)

Earle Hort> I would not worry about one half inch overfill. What happened is that

Reply to
FrankW

Reply to
Frank_v7.0

** Posted from
**
Reply to
L.W.(ßill)Hughes III

Probably the oil monkey added a standard amount of oil. Actually adding half a quart at a time as you near the capacity and checking the dipstick would cost time, which is money. BTW, your dipstick very well could be wrong. Moderate overfills? Probably not.

Reply to
Lon

There's that 'we' again -- you got a tapeworm?

That's "you" keep adding a quart for the filter.

Most people are much smarter than you are.

Depends on the filter, Dumbo.

Hey! That's about when YOU switched to puny size!

What a coincidence!

Bill, the is /not/ a pre-WW II jeep, so what would you know, eh?

Reply to
 ëþáîì ñëó de Freud

Reply to
RoyJ

Reply to
RoyJ

OK, so tell the truth. Have you yet challenged your driver to a race, if you can pick the road? Or more accurately, lack thereof?

RoyJ wrote:

Reply to
Lon

"RoyJ" wrote in message I get in trouble at 3 mph, my driver gets in trouble at 160.

Reply to
Kate

ROTFL! Very good Roy!

Reply to