OT: what country did I wake up in?

L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

...And then there's the lunatic right-wing fringe...

...who wouldn't recognize America if it hit them in the face.

Reply to
F. Robert Falbo

Not me, I just say use it up until it is gone something else will come along.

Reply to
HarryS

Reply to
Jim85CJ

Reply to
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

Puh!! Two sides of the same coin AFAIC. Enough freak'n idiots on both sides.

The Republicans have lost their credibility by skipping down the path with Religious Right. Bush Jr. especially. And the Democrats, well, nuf said.

If it's the lesser of two evils it's a coin toss on the foreign policy front. A Democrat President might not do what's necessary at the right time and a Repulician might have a dream that God came to him and needed to start

3rd World War.

Reply to
William Oliveri

"Two Thirds of U.S. Public Willing to Pay Nearly $200 a Year to Fight Global Warming"

Count me in as being part of the one third who would not be willing to pay $200 a year to fight global warming. It figures that the answer to this "problem" is to assess everyone an additional tax, heh, just like every other perceived problem!

Most studies indicate that there are at least two overlapping ice age cycles that run concurrently. One runs in a 100,000 year cycle, and we are just turning the corner on that one from the peak temperate period and heading into another ice age cycle (you should begin to notice this one in about 15,000 years if you somehow become immortal), and another shorter 20,000 year cycle from which we are still emerging with roughly 4000 years of warming before we turn the corner and start heading back to ice age.

Here is a clue for Washington: The amount of taxes collected will make no difference.

Ender

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." Edmund Burke

Reply to
Ender