Serpentine belt tension

Just replaced my belt. What is the proper tension to adjust it to. The oem manual says to use a tensioning tool which I don't have. Any help would be welcome.

Reply to
Charlie

TIGHT... use your thumb to test it for tightness. When your thumb pushes HARD on the belt between its furthest unsupported distance, it should deflect about a half-inch.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Bransford

The tool (Gates #91132) is only $13.16 - cheap enough to buy even if you don't really need it

Reply to
Carlo Jr.

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)

Yeah..............My wife thinks that I "collect tools" - kinda like I collect coffee cups from drug companies (I have over 300 different ones now)...........sometimes I use some of them (the tools - not the cups)

Reply to
Carlo Jr.

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)

I guess God doesn't want me to get into gambling. Until a year ago, I bought a "Quick-Pick", with every tank of gas, for I don't know how many years. Now they have the thing that allows the use of a credit card in the pump, so I don't go inside, & therefore don't buy a ticket, anymore. Over the several years that I did buy tickets - I believe that I won $5.00...........twice. Same thing happens, no matter what form of gambling. I learned as a young child that gambling just was not in my future. I have often thought of taking someone to Las Vegas with me & have this person bet twice as much on exactly the opposite of everything that I do. To become hooked - there has to be at least a little positive reinforcement.......

Reply to
Carlo Jr.