04 suspension lift question...

What is the best way to fit 33x12.50 under an 2004 Tacoma. Looking for good ride on the road and handling well too. Little off road use but i want the bigger tires for that when i change factory tires.

Kind of a broad question..but im open to suggestions at this point!

Thanks!

Steve

Reply to
Steve

Those are some pretty beefy tires. I'll bet you'll need at least a 4" suspension lift and a body lift or some sheet metal trimming to fit those tires on that truck.

Reply to
desert_taco

from 31x10.50 I have now to 33x12.50 is that big a difference? Im new to this i know, but that much has to be changed?

Reply to
Steve

Sheet metal trimming is a bit extreme. Check out this website, and you'll see how much lift is needed and the types of mods people are doing to make

33" tires fit a Tacoma:
From what I gather, just a 3" to 4" suspension lift should do for most conditions, but I have to wonder how much tire to body rubbing is happening on these rigs at full flex.
Reply to
desert_taco