Ox lockers still around?

Was thinking of an OX locker for the front of my jeep, but web site doesn't work and neither does email, are they still in buissiness?

Reply to
Greg

L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

I found were to buy them, but I wanted to look at their web page for info,

but that is just an add page no locker or Oxtrax info, nor does their email address work, snipped-for-privacy@mindspring.com ,both web page and email I got from
, a google for Oxtrax, Ox-trax or Ox trax doesn't give a web site either. May try a phone call tomorrow, I see they are based in Florida, maybe they got knocked out by one of the, what is it now, 27 hurricanes?Greg

Reply to
Greg

Reply to
Stephen Gibbs

Reply to
Jerry Bransford

Thanks guys, will probably get one, I like the on of without the air compressor hassle.

Reply to
Greg

I'd also check out an Eaton electric locker... they're easier to install and are getting good reviews. Make sure too that you're not thinking of installing this into a Dana 35c which is not strong enough for a locker.

Jerry

Greg wrote:

Reply to
Jerry Bransford

It will be going into a CJs D 30, I know, axles and ujoints not strong enough, I will be going with either warn or superior of those, so cromally and 297 Ujoints. And don't everyone tell me to save my money and go with a 44, I know the

30 isn't a 44 even with new axle, but I've weighted all my options, if I was going to go with a 44 front I would want it full size, not my narrow track, and if I do that I then have to replace my AMC 20 in the rear, but as I am happy with it, with it's new gears, detroit and one peice axles I can't see getting rid of it, so I will try the D 30 way, stick with my 33"s and go easy on the gas, I figure it should hold up as well as my AMC 20. Also I'm in a town of 20,000, it takes two ferries and 4.5 hours to get to a city, we have one wrecker in town with a total of 50 cars, so finding a suitible D44 would be a long process, or going to the city, ferry cost, hotel cost, refurbishing the 44, swapping gears and then still having to get a locker makes the D 30 option very atractive. Greg
Reply to
Greg

I'd be the last one to say to replace your D30 with a D44 which isn't really adding that much strength, if any at all due to them both using the same u-joints. Upgrading its axleshafts with Warn's (as I have) or Superior Axle's with the new 760 u-joints that replaced the 297s will give you an uber-strong front axle. Most have no problems running 35" tires and a locker with that setup, with me being part of that group.

Jerry

Greg wrote:

Reply to
Jerry Bransford

I would recommend you run a fused hub core or I can send you one of your old ones back. LOL!

That would be the weak link so if something did jam up hopefully it wouldn't wreck the diff.

The hubs are fast to change at least.....

Mike

Mike Romain

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

Ya I know, whatever you make stronger there is always something down the line waiting to go next. I'm almost up to enough spare parts to build another jeep :) Right now I'm trying to get my winch mounted, I bought the used warn 8274 I was asking about last week, $500.00 Can. perfect shape, mounting plate, and cover, ( looks like it was always covered too ) anyway the mounting plate was off an F150 so I had to cut 1 1/2" off each side, that was fun, cutting 28" of 1/4".

Reply to
Greg

I'd watch out about the Eaton electric lockers.... I spoke with a product tester (he's not a crackpot and this is part of what he does for a living) that put one through the ringers and he did not like what he saw.

Just reporting what I heard.

NT

Reply to
Nat Man