pigtail for tow trailer??

Can someone point me in the right direction?? Is it just a simple act of pulling out the light harness and tapping into or should I leave it off at the service station??

thanks Bob Donohue Cromwell,Ct.

Reply to
HyannisHome

L.W.(ßill)

What do those adapters actually do for a living if you already have the tow package... and on the ZJ it has that little metal box just left of the hitch with the circular plug on it?

Approximately 8/27/03 19:43, L.W.(ßill) Hughes III uttered for posterity:

Reply to
Lon Stowell

If you're lucky, you've got one where the harness has a plug waiting for it... contact the dealer to be sure. Mine, for my '00 XJ, is about $40, no cutting or stripping needed. Other places have the harness cheaper; I'd prefer the factory rig, myself. __ Steve .

Reply to
Steve Cowell

too late ! (it works though)

Dave Milne, Scotland '99 TJ 4.0 Sahara

: > Can someone point me in the right direction?? Is it just a simple act of : > pulling out the light harness and tapping into or should I leave it off at the : > service station?? : >

: > thanks Bob Donohue : > Cromwell,Ct.

Reply to
Dave Milne

Hello Bill,

I've been looking for an adaptor just like the ones listed on the web page. Have you ever seen ones for a CJ? They don't have any of the early models listed.

Jim

Reply to
Jim Meyer

Are you asking if you should bother building a trailer light harness, or just forget about it and drag a trailer without lights? If that is what you are asking, then do what you want. If you are going to ask how to wire the trailer harness, then I would be happy to tell you how.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

You do not need an adaptor for the TJ, YJ, or CJ. These models use the same bulb for brake lights and for turn signals, just like the trailer lights.

You only need the adaptor when the tow vehicle uses a dedicated turn signal, and the trailer shares the turn signals with the brake lamps.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)

hi, I dont have that on mine, the asshole that had it before me decided to take it off. Just sucks ya know!!

thanks for your input tho!!

Bob

Reply to
Ive Izzooz136

thanks steve. your post made the mosy sence!! thanks again!! Bob

Reply to
Ive Izzooz136

You haven't said which model you have, but if a TJ, the basic 4 wire connector is all you will need. It comes with relatively simple instructions. If your tow vehicle is one where the turn signals are a different bulb than the brake lights, then you will need an adaptor thingie. The lighting adaptor is available at Kragen, Auto Zone, Checker, Pep Boys, etc. Some stores may be out of stock, but the device you need is very common.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

Hello Bill,

I was hoping avoiding splicing into my tail lights. Since the tail light assembly plugs into the harness I thought an adaptor on each side would keep me from having to splice. No biggee. It just would have been nice to have the wires "T" off to a new pigtail.

Jim

Reply to
Jim Meyer