price alright?

hey everyone, im finally going to break down and put some new rims and tires on a credit card, before i do i just want to make sure im getting a good deal.. i went to the local offroad shop and this is what he had for me: 4 31x10.50 truxus mts tires at 488 4 15x 7 A/R outlaw rims for 304 20 chrome nuts for 20 bucks and 2 pairs of coil spring spaces for 113.82 after sales tax, recycle fees, mounting and balancing + labor it comes out to be 1100 even. i didn't really want the 2" spacer lifts since it doesn't do anything for ground clearance but he said that i need at least 1.25 inches of body lift to ensure no rubbing offroad.. thanks for everyones help -nicole

Reply to
Nicole Mason

Not sure about the price since I haven't been in the market for any of those items recently, but as far as the coil spacers go, they sure

*DO* do someth>hey everyone,
Reply to
David C. Moller

i'm pretty sure the guy i talked to meant just the hockey puck body lift.. i would love to get a coil suspension body lift but it isn't in the budget for a long time..

Reply to
Nicole Mason

Ya, but the $113 he quoted you for the body lift is darn close to what you'd pay for the coil spacer lift. The TeraFlex 'Budget Boost' I'm running can be had for ~$125 or less. Body lifts are OK to eek an inch or two if you need it after lifting the suspension I guess, but I wouldn't go there in this case. You'd be much happier lifting the suspension rather than the body I think.

Dave

Reply to
David C. Moller

ill ask him to to see if thats what ill be getting, thatd be great :) thanks

Reply to
Nicole Mason

But is that installed or just the spacers? Sounds like she got labour and all for the $1100.

Reply to
SB

he wrote down everythign i was getting on the back of a business card for me so i could think it over, and it says exactly (2 pr.) daystar coil spring spacers that come to a total of 113.82, and then 100 bucks for labor, the

1100 is total for everything this guy has a really good reputation and everything and seemed really nice and understanding about what i was willing to spend.. so i think i will get the work done by him, i was just wanting a second opinion on everything
Reply to
Nicole Mason

I'd say that's a good deal... for $1100 you are making a substantial change in the appearance and capability of your TJ. $100 to install coil spacers is a bargain too! I wouldn't get my hands dirty if I could get a deal like that!

-Brian

Reply to
Cherokee-LTD

coil spacers at 4wheelparts are 63.00 total for all 4!

Reply to
IsellJeeps!