quick question re: torque

I am installing new spring hangers on my cj7. What is the proper torque for the spring hanger bolts. I found a thread where someone suggeted 105 ft pounds, which seems way too much. I found a chevy truck lift kit installation document that suggests 55-65 ft pounds for a spring hanger with the same size bolts 7/16. Thanks.

Reply to
Sleestak

Sleestak ( snipped-for-privacy@123.com) wrote on Monday 10 May 2004 08:31 pm:

Couldn't find the torque specific to the spring hanger bolts in the FSM, but the FSM does say that 7/16" Grade 5 should be torqued to 49 Ft-lb for 14 TPI or 55 Ft-lb for 20 TPI.

Reply to
Michael White

Michael, thanks for the reply. I have the service manual too, and I couldn't find the spec either. I went with 55 pounds which feels about right. Of course the drivers side hanger would not fit without a little persuasion from my bench grinder on the welded braces. Hmmm... nothing ever seems to fit exactly right :)

Reply to
Sleestak