Random

I got one of those Smittybilt upper 1/2 doors for my 1995 YJ, with the factory soft top. It doesn't look the same, and it doesn't fit perfect, but I think I might get used to it, and it would fool a non-Jeeper. At least now I can zip the driver's window! It's winter in Colorado already. It was at 22° F this morning. The only one who really likes it is the dog, a Pembroke Welsh corgi. She went out on the porch and took a nap. I had to wait until five this afternoon, before I finally got the snap on the half door fastened. It should stretch into place after a few of these freezing nights. Hopefully, those wind leaks will be gone, after it is on there a day or two.

We're moving. There are no nurse practitioner jobs here, and the stock market just isn't doing that well, to justify keeping this place in Colorado. It's a beautiful place, but we can't really afford it any more. Damn, we were going to fix up this old Victorian, and live in it until whenever, but now it looks as if we're moving to Montana, Maine, Washington, wherever. She'll be taking her final exam next week. Wish her luck, because if she doesn't pass, I got to come up with something.

Ciao,

Earle

-oo-

Reply to
Earle Horton

Dang, Earl, just move to Canon City.

We have practitioners and it was only 39 last night and no snow ... yet. Halloween's coming and we almost always get a skiff then.

Budd

Reply to
Budd Cochran

Hate to see you being run out, Earle. I'm heading South myself as soon as I can convince the wife to retire from teaching - after 70, cold winters are not my cup of tea anymore.

As for your moving, yout might want to take a pass through Billing, MT. The oldest son has planted his family there and feel real comfortable in that community, even as a visitor. He bought some mountain acreage at what I thought was a good price and managed to build a nice cabin without fighting the building codes we see around here.

For your purposes, it's a medical center for a whole lot of MT, WY, ID and UT - several large hospitals and such. Pretty reasonable living costs, decent blue collar job market as well.

Even in the Springs we had a couple of inches on the ground this morning - about that time again. Enough that both female Boston Terriers were hiking a leg rather than squatting.

Reply to
Will Honea

Consider New Hampshire. AFAIK, there are openings there, and it is a great place to live as long as you don't mind winter.

Reply to
PeterD

Thanks Will. She's got an application in Billings already. I don't mind leaving, because I've had my fun here. If this weather keeps up, too, this is going to be the best winter yet!

In order to keep it Jeep related, although the mounting pins don't seem to fit right, the half door is settling into place. I'm real happy that 4WD only charged me for shipment from Denver, even though they actually had to ship it from somewhere else. It's too bad that Smittybilt couldn't have made the door in the United States, though.

Earle

Reply to
Earle Horton