Silverton vs. Austin

This is for you, Stevie.

Hope you all are having a good summer too. What does this have to do with Jeeping, Silverton, or Austin? Well, Silverton is just about full of Jeeps of every description now, and the "perp" originally hails from Austin, just like Stevie!

Ciao.

Earle

Reply to
Earle Horton

L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

Dave Milne

Hey Dave the link contains a MIME virus.

Reply to
Coasty

Sorry about that - I use Firefox .. didn't notice.

Dave Milne

Bill,

As I recall there were two fatal Jeep wrecks on that road last year, with none of the people involved wearing seat belts. Although from the looks of the picture you posted it wouldn't have helped these folks much, seat belts or a harness are recommended equipment up here. If you do decide to come up and fatally wreck your vehicle, at least do it on the San Miguel County side. There your remains would at least be treated with some respect.

We are looking to have at least 10,000 people in Silverton for the Fourth of July parade and fireworks. There are people camped all the way up the valley, and Jeeps everywhere. If you come bring your own medical kit, and know how to use it. The ambulance is short staffed this year, because of people who refuse to work with the imbecile sheriff.

Earle

Reply to
Earle Horton

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

Lucky for me, the aforementioned cliff is in San Miguel County and out of

*her* jurisdiction. The only female sheriff in Colorado, but not, apparently, the only one with no brains. Remember Barney Fife with his one bullet? These people won't even look at me, that's how scared they are. "Insurance" was a letter to all 452 resident voters here, describing the situation. Now, I feel safe because if anything happens to me, everyone will know who did it. A stalemate, until the next election when I hit her with a mailing campaign alleging corruption, stupidity, and believing that an idiot from Austin, TX could know anything. I figure if these folks vote her in again they deserve what they get.

This is a non-violent, low crime rate community. Five years ago there was a stabbing in the Miner's Tavern. The sheriff didn't know what to do about it. She had the weapon, two victims on the way to the hospital, and the perpetrator in custody. She told him "not to leave town" and released him, until she and the DA could come up with enough evidence to charge him! Imagine cops in New York or LA doing that. The amazing thing was that the perp., who was from out of state, hung around long enough to get arrested! I couldn't make up stuff like this.

Earle

Reply to
Earle Horton

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

So what? I don't 'originally hail' from Austin, btw... pretty lame, Earle. __ Steve .

Reply to
Stephen Cowell

I hate mimes. That's what you get when clowns inbreed. I'm going to be spending a day or 2 in Ouray after coming up from Mancos, about Aug 3, but we will be on bikes and unable to go out on the trails. We will be having fun on the passes, but I guess we had better try to not crash. Is that your place in Silverton on Blair or Mineral, with multiple Jeeps in the in front?

Reply to
Paul Calman

The whipped dog comes back. Ready for another round, Stevie? You share many characteristics with genuine Austin natives, like my "friend" Mikey. I'll bet you have at least an associate's degree, like he does. If you are not from there, where are you from?

Would you like to see "Chapter Two" of the Mikey saga? It gets a lot more fun, but Stevie has to say "please".

Earle

So what? I don't 'originally hail' from Austin, btw... pretty lame, Earle. __ Steve .

Reply to
Earle Horton

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

Admissions requirements to Sul Ross University

BillyRay

LOL!

Several years back, my wife had to take some courses to complete her qualifcati> Admissions requirements to Sul Ross University

Reply to
Will Honea

You show me yours, I'll show you mine!

I didn't read the first part... have it published in the vanity press, see if I care! Bush is from around here, you can't hit me worse than that! __ Steve .

Reply to
Stephen Cowell

__ Steve .

Reply to
Stephen Cowell

I'm only too familiar with the Big Bend country - the Davis mountains are interesting as well. We flew over that country all the time. Definitely plenty of solitude - had two 2-ship formations collide headon out there down south of Wink and it took 2 days to find one of the crews even with operational beepers.

Nice trails but just a little too heavily traveld by certain segments of society to suit me these days. It was getting bad 25 years ago when I flew some with the Border Patrol and I hear it hasn't gotten any better.

Reply to
Will Honea