the weather; and how it is not going today(o.t.)some stude content too

in the current blizzard we are having(18+inches so far today) we had the visiting nurse come this morning. my wife is having I.V. steroids for her unexplained sight loss. so rather than admit her and work her up they sent her home to have this "nurse" come to our house and torture her for two hours. 4 needle sticks and still no vein. not to be put off she did the I.V. anyway!! the steroid infiltrated her skin and was quite painful. my wife passes out...then goes grey then white and waxy...at this point the nurse gets out the b.p. cuff and checks her pressure...70/40...not too good. I am just about to call 911 when she starts to come around... she turns 40 this year. Though nobody will say it they know what it is. further tests will show that she has M.S. I will eat my stude if I am wrong. I have seen it many times in my own patients. I made braces and limbs for years. m.s. is hard to miss once you have seen it in a few people. I have been a luker for a while here and chime in when I can. you have all been very helpful with every question(even lee,god bless him). I think that I may not get back here too often for quite some time. my wife is really sick and she needs me. I must be ther for her.I just wanted to thank you all for a quality group. Jeff Rice and JP keep us focused and laughing. thank them when you see them. I will still try to go to south bend this year for the nat. I look forward to seeing all of you( and I mean all) Rich.

Reply to
am not r2

I have been a stay at home dad for 5 years. we adopted two brothers from guatemala. alot of special needs. they are doing great and are now upto a full head of steam. they are in their proper grade level. I was just starting to get back into the working world...and..s##t! I have been a care giver, it will just continue. dude you have it rougher than I and it reminds me that it can always be worse. my heart goes out to you and yours. Rich

Reply to
am not r2

Sorry to hear about this, if your wife is going to require regular IVs, ask about having a Port-A-Cath

installed. It's a minor outpatient surgery and well worth it not to have to have a nurse dig around and try to find veins. Your wife and the nurse will appreciate it once it's in. For you, keep coming back here if for nothing else for your sanity... being a caregiver is one of the toughest jobs a person will ever have to do, because it's a 24/7 "job".

Some may consider me a "d*****ad", but that's just because I haven't found a hobby I enjoy more.

Lee

Reply to
Lee Aanderud

Rich,

My heart and prayers go to you and your wife. I have been nursing my wife through pancreatic cancer surgery and, as a result diabetes. As Lee has said it is very difficult on the caregiver. At the same time my wife was ill, her mother, who lived with us, passed away on my wife's birthday. My sons and I were nursing two people at the same time. I shuttled between two bedrooms and many hospital visits. Please feel free to email me privately if you need a shoulder to lean on or an ear to listen. God bless! snipped-for-privacy@aol.com.

Reply to
FlatheadGeo

Too bad that hobby doesn't have it's own NG.

Reply to
Dave Lester

Don't be a stranger, Rich. Not that it helps, but many of us can relate to what is happening in your life.

Take care of business, but take care of yourself, as well. Dropping in here from time to time will likely be good therapy for you... and, we want to know how you are doing!

God Bless!

Reply to
Dave Lester

I thought THIS was the NG...

Lee

Reply to
Lee Aanderud

Hang in there, I had issues with severe dehydration that my veins were so hard to find they had a male nurse come in that worked in a nursing home and had dealt with very old and sick people, at one time I had IV's in the back of both hands, maybe you need that kind of nurse? My prayers are with you.

Reply to
oldcarfart

Sorry to hear how bad things are going for you Rich. Hang in there and drop by here when you can.

Reply to
Alex Magdaleno

Yep, my veins roll and do all kinds of silly things. IV's in t he back of my hands are the usual. Rich I think several of us here have gone through similar situations to what you are dealing with. Let us h ear from you when you need it we are here for each other. You and yours are in my prayers. Joe Roberts

Reply to
itraseecab