Re: 02 Wrangler Brake Rotor Fiasco

Yeah, IIRC, the rotors, and hub bearings changed in 99. The Cheaper, 99 and earlier rotors will work if you change to the 99 and eearlier version of the hub bearing as well. Dimensions are slightly different....something to keep in mind for when you inevitably need to change your hub bearing units as well.

Paul

Pete Elt> >> So for the 2002 Wrangler, get the Raybestos 76923 rotors! > > I almost forgot. PepBoys did show the 76923 rotors for the 2003 > Wrangler, but not for the 2002. Also, if you look up the rotors for a > 2003 on the AutoZone website, they show the Aimco 5396 rotor. So it's > entirely possible that that rotor would have worked, but I failed to ask > the AutoZone guy if the '02 and '03 Wranglers were the same part number > (I mean why would I, right). > > So it IS entirely possible that I have an odd Wrangler. However, I > bought my 02 in Oct of '01, so it seems to me that it was early to > mid-year production for 02 Wranglers. So I would have expected it to be > closer to an '01 model year than an '03 model year. > > So again to potential 02 Wrangler braker rotor replacers, you may be > able to get the correct part if you ask for an '03 Jeep. In either > case, bring a tape measure with you and know what your current rotor > measurements are when you go there. > > Hope it helps. > > Pete
Reply to
Paul Keating

I went thru the same thing on my girlfriends 99 XJ. Swapped the rotors out, and the damn thing wouldn't move. Took it all back apart, and low-and-behold the inside pads were actually cracked, from when I tightened the lug nuts. Couldn't believe it. What a way to waste a whole weekend, and of course, now I know I need the $100 rotors...life's a beeatch sometimes.

Reply to
Joseph P

Same here on a '00 xj. scratched my head to pieces on it until I got smart and measured the inside opening. front wheels actually dragged in the gravel when I tried to back up. what a fiasco is right.

Reply to
Marc