RE: Belt problem

Last week I posted here about the part that the serpentine belt adjustment screw threads into, under the power steering pump. This was on my 91 XJ.

If anyone ever needs one of these, the part in question is Mopar part #53002915 described as a "collar, adjustment".

Anyway, the dealer got it in one day. $4.73 plus tax. Fortunately, I didn't have to buy an entire power steering pump bracket!

We're back on the road, with a new belt just for good measure.

Regards,

DAve

Reply to
DaveW

L.W.(ßill)

Actually the adjustment bolt was fine. The collar broke where the cross bolt goes through it. I couldn't figure out why things were so loose, and I finally stuck my finger up there and came back with a small chunk of metal!

That was a nasty couple of days here in LA. Supermarkets on strike, bus drivers on strike, me with no car!

Now, it seems everything is on fire!

Regards,

DAve

L.W.(ßill) Hughes III wrote: