Re-doing wheels___again!

I'm another one___'97 Sport with the wheel upgrade, polished alum., clearcoated. After 5 years on the beach everyday they look like "hell". Not only is the CC peeling off, the metal is corroding fiercely. (I'm experienced in the effect of salt air on bare alum.) I'm told there is a Clear Coat remover that does "pretty well" but entails more work and time that I want to expend on an "iffy" result. Any suggestions appreciated!! Also where is this "Wheel Paint Kit" available? Thanks___CHJ

Reply to
chj

Paint is paint (to a point). The preparation is critical with clear only wheels due to the clarity of the pretreatment. The OEM process is to Clean/ Chrome sealer/ powder coating with either acrylic or polyester clear/ Bake. There are companies that will remachine and powder coat. There is one in Huntington Indian but the name escapes me but all the wheel parts companies send there wheels there.....

Reply to
flannery

If your a do it yourselfer & I think you are, here is an article to give some insight on polishing aluminum

& a good company to get supplies from is Eastwood

Check them out but you might do just as well depending on your location with a local source.

L8r - Jersey

Reply to
Jersey