Re: Flowmaster on 4.0L Wrangler (TJ)

I'm looking at adding a Flowmaster Exhaust (muffler) for my '00 Wrangler and

> am wondering how much of a difference in interior noise the Flowmaster will > make compared to the stock muffler. I've had Flowmasters on my '88 Wrangler > (2.5L) and dad's '93 GC which was also a 4.0L, but this is for a TJ. > Specifically, I'm looking at the 2-Chamber 40 Series (not the Delta Flow). > Will there be a good amount of interior resonance, and what is > recommendation...turn down, or just run the exhaust through the tailpipe?

Not the flowmaster but you can hear the Gibson at my site. Interior noise went up a bit for me but the stereo cured that. :)

Reply to
DougW

Approximately 8/29/03 07:48, DougW uttered for posterity:

Please, Doug, tell us this is a Photoshop special....

Lon Stowell

I've got a 4.2 YJ w/ 2 chamber flowmasters...they are not loud. They are actually pretty quiet. Quiet enough that I don't like them...needs more sound. You can hear a lil purr with the top off but with it on...well soft tops just drown it out.

Brian

88 YJ
Reply to
Wranglerjeep1

Reply to
Wildman

I've used tips before. My muffler dude said I didn't have enough room for the dual tips they would have stuck out too much. On my CJ I had a glass pack....no cat and a nice chrome monza tip ( I think it was monza). It sounded so cool. I'd love to get that sound back.

Brian

88 YJ
Reply to
Wranglerjeep1