Re: Grease for poly bushings

Hi,

> > > Next weekend I will be installing a 3" Skyjacker lift on my 94 ZJ. > The kit comes with polyurethane bushings for the control arms and the > instructions tells me to grease them before installation. I'm not > sure what kind of grease to use, though. Anybody knows if some > special kind of grease is required? >

Yes it is. Regular grease will run out of the bushings or dry up and lead to the most hellish squeaking. Find something that is recommended for polyurethane bushings at your local parts store. I don't have the faintest idea of what would be available in the UK though. Cost should be a clue...

Earle

Reply to
Earle Horton

Use white lithium grease, readily available at most parts stores as a GP lube. Apparently it's not destructive to poly and is water resistant.

Reply to
Gerald G. McGeorge

FWIW Morten is in Denmark...

Morten, What's the offroading like in Denmark ? Is it there easy access or is it all locked down by legislation ?

Dave Milne, Scotland '99 TJ 4.0 Sahara

: >

: > Next weekend I will be installing a 3" Skyjacker lift on my 94 ZJ. : > The kit comes with polyurethane bushings for the control arms and the : > instructions tells me to grease them before installation. I'm not : > sure what kind of grease to use, though. Anybody knows if some : > special kind of grease is required? : >

: Yes it is. Regular grease will run out of the bushings or dry up and lead : to the most hellish squeaking. Find something that is recommended for : polyurethane bushings at your local parts store. I don't have the faintest : idea of what would be available in the UK though. Cost should be a clue... : : Earle : :

Reply to
Dave Milne

Yep, correct.

There are only very few places where one can go offroading - and even fewer where it can be done legally :-(. A few times a year it can be done legally on the militarys practice areas when one of the clubs makes a deal with the military for a weekend or so. Apart from that it's mostly done "more or less legal". The place my club has used until now has just been sold for "recreative purposes" - i.e. golf etc. I think offroading is an excellent kind of recreation, so I guess we can still use it! :-)

Morten

Reply to
Morten Jørgen