Re: How many Jeep Owners Forum regulars does it take to change a Light

Hmmm maybe not the same one you know of... I have one of a 1941 Slatgrill parked next to a German Kubelwagen - the Kubel's got Afrika Corps logo on the side, so they are both very early vehicles.... and the rub if they are in snow... somewhere... maybe both were brought back to Germany or the US.

Is this the same PIC you are talking about? If not let me see your PIC. I can dig out mine if you are interested. Brian

Brian's Military Jeeps of WWII

Squadron Patches of WWII

Reply to
Brian French

L.W.(ßill)

Ok here is mine...

Now you have to show me yours... i hope you will keep looking and find it the curiosity is killing me :) Brian

Brian's Military Jeeps of WWII

Squadron Patches of WWII

Reply to
Brian French

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)

I didn't say we (USA) captured it. I think it is german photo of a captured jeep, not a captured kuebelwagen. The gerries should have covered over the stars so they don't get shot at by their own troops.

This was very common in the ETO, North Africa, and the Pacific with the japanese using as many jeeps as they could get. Brian

Brian's Military Jeeps of WWII

Squadron Patches of WWII

Reply to
Brian French

I guess there is no possibility that the Germans who captured it repainted it, huh?

  • * * Matt Macchiarolo
Matt Macchiarolo

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)