How many (insert bigotry here) does it take to change a lightbulb?

OK. The dash light for my heat temperature knob is out. This is the top Sonata for 2000. The heater controls are a panel of rectangular switches with rotary knobs on each side. This is the right rotary knob. I tried to find the answer on the Hyundai tech site, but I couldn't find it.

How can I access this procedure on the web site? How do I do this job? What kind of bulb do I need? Am I facing a well-known nightmare here, such as a cracked printed circuit board and/or horrible day-long job requiring removal of all the dashboard parts?

Much thanks for good answers!

Richard

Reply to
Richard Steinfeld

It'll be a small bulb that goes in the back of the heater control assembly. You may wish to go to your dealer and pick one up or order it ahead of time so you're sure you'll have the right part once you get things apart.

I couldn't find instructions for the hvac controls in web tech either. Hyundai is very poor in this aspect of the service manuals. They typically include few details on removal and installation. The closest I could find was the radio r&i instructions. Those will be in "SHOP" in the body electrical - audio & antenna section. Once you get it apart, instead of removing the radio, remove the heater controls (if they're not attached to the trim, which I can't remember).

You just need to remove the center trim from the dash. On your model year vehicle, I believe you'll need to pull the switch plate off the top of the console (just clips on) and remove the two screws holding the console top trim and remove the trim. I believe there are then two screws at the bottom of the dash trim to be removed, and the trim then snaps out. If the heater controls are attached to the dash trim, you'll need to pull any cables off the heater box or fresh air box.

Reply to
hyundaitech

Simple answer to most of your problem......................Right TOOLS for the JOB. Be suprised how what seems an easy task turns into a nightmare.

TOOL are the afstest way, Make sure you have them. Otherwise go to teh dealer.

Reply to
Tiburon

Please explain what you're talking about. I have many tools. Otherwise, I'd have to attempt removing screws with my fingernails and bolts with my teeth. Since my fingernails break easily, I am inclined to use my TOOLS; also, there's not much room for my head around the engine, so I can't remove the bolts with my teeth -- I have to use TOOLS. Or are you talking about different TOOLS than the ones I'm using? Please let me know.

Thanks.

Ricahrd

Reply to
Richard Steinfeld