TJ CD player installation

Hey Folks,

I would like to put in a nice Kenwood AM/FM CD player to replace the stock CD player in my 2003 TJ. How hard is the install? I've replaced radios in a few other cars myself so I'm not really a novice but far from an expert. How does the dash come apart where the radio is? Did anyone have trouble getting the stock subwoofer to work with an aftermarket radio? Did you have to purchase an additional amp for the Sub? Did you use an aftermarket harness or just solder it all up yourself? Any ideas on a cheap place to get the antenna adapter, black dash plate and harness?

Thanks to the guys who kept me from wasting money on the bug deflector, now I can put the money to better use. Randy

Reply to
Archangel