Re: Lifting a 90 XJ, advice needed

Dodge Durango leaf packs fit but will give you quite a bit of lift. (4.5"?) Other than that I like the Rubicon Express leafs. Bob Supplee will sell them to you for RE's price or less and no tax and no shipping. I have an 88 with

190K miles on it and every one of those miles was abusive. I did keep up on all the maintenance. Its still ready for another 100K miles of abuse. KH
Howdy all, > > I just bought myself a 1990 Cherokee Laredo with 185k miles. It's old, > but it's in quite good shape, the previous owner was a soccer mom or > something in the Boston suburbs and AFAIK never whooped on it at all. > > The rear leaf springs are whooped, as is one of the rear shocks. So as > long as I'm going to take the suspension all apart I figured I might > as well upgrade it, and add a little lift. I am going to be doing some > minor offroading, unmaintained town roads mostly. Mostly I drive on > the highway. So what I'm really looking to do is replace the springs > and shocks, and get 2-3" of lift. > > I do not want to spend a small fortune on this project, the Jeep is > too old and I'm too poor for that. The Old Man Emu stuff looks good, > but at $600+ for springs and shocks all around, it's a little steep. > Are there any good deals on OME stuff around? Other than OME, what > would be a good bet? There's a nice looking Black Diamond 3" kit I > found for $375, but it only includes add-a-leafs, I really need new > rear leafs. > > I could save a lot of money on a lift kit if I DIDN'T have to buy new > leafs. But I don't want to go with OEM springs since they suck ass. I > know there are a lot of other trucks with leafs that will go on the > XJ, is there a list anywhere? I've got a decent junkyard right up the > road so I'd like to score my springs there, it's just that all of > their XJ springs are whooped like mine. > > Anyway, all clues will be appreciated. > -Jeff
Reply to
Kevin in San Diego