Need help installing new Speakers....

So, after reading up on the newsgroup i went out and bought my self some infinity Kappa 62.5i speakers for my sound bar in my 01' TJ. Everyone said they installed in 15 min... Well... I consider my self pretty good and putting things together, i mean, i was able to install my lift my self.. so this should be no prob right? WRONG! the speakers just do not fit! the Kappa 62.5i is the same as the 62.3i but this years model.. the install instructions are the same, the dimensions are the same (except it is 2/16 deeper) but I know it isn't the depth that is killing me because I can install them I just cant install them with the grill... I have included a link to the parts inside the box... The holes absolutely do not match up on the Speakers and the sound bar.. there is a ring in the box that the holes match up to connect it to the sound bar, and then the holes on the speaker match up... (Ring.jpg) so this does work, but there is no way to install the grill at this point.

snipped-for-privacy@sbcglobal.net So, the speakers fit, it is just the grill does not.. and that is my concern.. can anyone give some insight? I know people on here have installed them in the past, so if you could help that would be great... if you also need more info i can also provide

TIA Kurt

Reply to
Kurt Dorsey

I used the grill and plastic ring that came with my speakers. The speaker goes in first..then the ring, and the grill snaps in place over the top.

I couldn't use the factory grill.

Of course, the soundbar in my Jeep is actually a damn set of sound pods... ('03).

Billy

Reply to
Billy Tolcher

I don't have anything to compare them too,.. actually. I think they are a little 'cheap'. They sounded like bongo drums when I first upgraded the speakers. The remedy: I dropped a sqaure sheet of dynamat in each pod, and they sound 100% better... The sheets come prepackaged as 'qty 2 door' sets..

Billy

Reply to
Billy Tolcher

Try this one.

Take a pair of pantyhose Get some pillow stuffing (polyfill) Cut the legs off the hose and stuff each leg with a good amount of polyfill.

Use a gluegun to stick these pillows inside the speaker pod making sure they don't touch the speaker.

That will give you a much lower end by making the box appear larger than it actually is.

Reply to
DougW

Doug... I'm not buying pantyhose.

:)